I love The Block, even my daughter is a big fan. Husband is coming around! We watched a little bit of it in 2013, being very new to the country (a few weeks) we were rather busy and only got to watch a few episodes. So this year we were avid fans. We especially love that it is here in Melbourne and this year we even went and queued (yes for 5hrs!!) to go and view the apartments. They were amazing. Very different experience to viewing on tv. We also (by accident) met all but the twins and got autographs. Well Mia did. So if you were like me watching the last series of The Block, thinking “I could do that,” then now’s your chance to put your money where your mouth is!
Applications for the next season of The Block are now open, and they want to hear from YOU:
Do you have what it takes to be Australia’s next Blockhead? They are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, hardworking teams of two to participate in Australia’s biggest renovating challenge. I wish I could go on it? One day…. Maybe!!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Couples must be aged between 18-65, energetic and with a sense of humour.
- First round couples will be reduced to final participants in the first week of filming.
- Successful couples must be available for a 10-12 week shoot period in late 2014. Exact dates to be confirmed closer to filming.
- Location of The Block is to be confirmed.
- You will NOT be able to work during the shoot period.
- Previous home renovation experience is an asset, but not required from both partners.
- Long term couples, family teams and enduring friendships need only apply.
- Submissions accepted from Australia wide.
- Successful participants will be paid a nominal weekly fee during filming of The Block to cover basic living costs and expenses.
- You must complete all elements of the application, including video, or your application will not be reviewed.
- Applications can only be made online. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted or processed.
- McGregor Casting will carefully review applications for consideration of inclusion in The Block. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by September 2014.
- Due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be notified.
- Follow McGregor Casting on Facebook for any updates or announcements.
Closing date for entries is 6pm Sunday, July 6th AEST